Saturday 9 November 2013

Accepting Your Looks

                       
 Now this might sound ironic coming from a teenage girl. I don't know much about accepting yourself, because too be frank, i'm shit at it too.The minority of you who read this, i'm going to assume dislike a variety of things about yourself so heres something that remotely works for me. Get a pen, and a notepad. Write down every single thing you dislike about your body. Notice that I say body, physical appearance, not your personality or traits because you can change those. 

I like travelling, reading, etc, will my big nose stop me from doing those things? No, absolutely not. Someone, God , science, whatever gave me this hunk of crap and I've got to work with it. Change what you don't like and accept what you can't change.

Don't compare. We all have the same worth. There is nothing someone else has that you don't. You have all the organs they do. We are all just bags of bones and skin cells. For example, if I were to offer you a hundred pound note, would you take it? Of course. Now if I were to scrunch it up, then offer it to you. Would you still want it? Absolutely. If I were to stand on it, scrunch it, get it all wet and dirty. Would you still want it? Yes, yes you would, you would look past the dirt and scrunches because you want it for what it's worth, not what it looks like. They all are worth the same amount, so it doesn't matter. That's exactly the same with you and me, I might be a slightly scrunched 100 pound note, you might be a slightly dirty 100 pound note, we are still both a 100 pound note, it makes no difference.


you shouldn't have it any other way. 





            "Don't let your mind bully your body"



-Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment